is there such a thing as Spankosexuality?

Thiis is where we dicsuss all aspects of consensual adult spanking in the UK and beyond
marktigger

is there such a thing as Spankosexuality?

Post by marktigger »

Have heard this term come up in a couple of places.

What do others think are there spankosexuals ?
DoubleOhNothing

Re: is there such a thing as Spankosexuality?

Post by DoubleOhNothing »

I think that's me. I don't like [PIV] sex but I love spanking. Nothing else comes close to a spanking. Giving or receiving, mainly giving.
Arran18

Post by Arran18 »

The idea that spanking (or a fetish in general) is a sexual orientation has been going around for a couple of years now.

I'd say the term "spankosexual" would apply to anyone who has a strong, innate and unchosen interest in spanking that either matches, or in most cases exceeds, your interest in sex.
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

The idea that a fetish is somehow equivalent to a sexuality has been popping up for years and years and despite the arguments I've heard I've never been quite convinced; it sounds like a kind of mission creep to me. I much prefer to describe spanking as a part of my sexuality, rather than the entirety of it which spankosexual would suggest. I've just always seen sexuality as quite a complex overarching descriptor of a set of inter-related behaviours, rather than something boiled down so completely.

I'm obviously not insisting that anyone should share this view, should stop describing themselves however they wish to, or analysing their own sexuality in any manner that they need to understand it.
DoubleOhNothing

Keith wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:36 pmI much prefer to describe spanking as a part of my sexuality, rather than the entirety of it which spankosexual would suggest.
In a nutshell that is why I feel 'spankosexual' would describe me (though I don't think the label is necessarily needed). There's no part of my sexuality which is unconnected to spanking in any way (or if there is, it's tiny).
SpankyJo

Post by SpankyJo »

I think if you had access to spanking all the time and every day you may become fed up with it! I am actually happy to have normal vanilla sex with my play partners as there is more to sex than just spanking for me. Spanking is a sort of hobby for me to be enjoyed when I have time but the rest of the time my life is very normal and I like it that way. So maybe I lost my spankosexuality as there are so many events and parties and I indulged too much in the past! Or maybe I am just getting old.......
DoubleOhNothing

Maybe. But I've got pretty much zero interest in vanilla sex so guess I'm already fed up with that...
cassie darling

Post by cassie darling »

From the pov of myself, yes.

i have tried vanilla sex- was married to a vanilla guy pre Himself and have 2 adult kids.

i think for me it's connected to being neuro-divergent, being on the Autism spectrum and being someone into textures in a big way, be it fur on animals, to silk to walking on grass first thing in the morning.

Xxx. cassie