Here to help.

Announcements, requests, complaints and compliments go here. This your community.
HenrySwale

Re: Here to help.

Post by HenrySwale »

Thanks Kieth, i'm not having any luck with your suggestions. Perhaps if you kick me out entirely I can re-register and that'll sort the issue.

Thanks for your hele

Kind regards, Henry
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

What is a foe in the context of this site? Saw it alongside ‘add friend.’
Birchington

Post by Birchington »

Cally_ wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:48 pm What is a foe in the context of this site? Saw it alongside ‘add friend.’
If you go to your Control Panel and click on "Manage Foes" on the left-hand side, it does explain it.

They are people who you have effectively blocked.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Birchington wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:21 pm
Cally_ wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:48 pm What is a foe in the context of this site? Saw it alongside ‘add friend.’
If you go to your Control Panel and click on "Manage Foes" on the left-hand side, it does explain it.

They are people who you have effectively blocked.
Thanks, Birchy. I’m hoping not to have any of those 😇
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

HenrySwale wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:36 pm Thanks Kieth, i'm not having any luck with your suggestions. Perhaps if you kick me out entirely I can re-register and that'll sort the issue.
I absolutely will do that for you Henry, but before I do, Dai and I are hoping to try a change in the chat integration so we can get you in on your current login from tomorrow. I'll send you a PM when we have that change ready. It will mean you get to the login screen of the chat, and that should do the job of getting you in safely under your own username moving forward.

If I haven't PM'd you by dinnertime tomorrow, send me a PM to nudge me. Thanks for your patience on this, I am aware I'm asking for a lot of it, but I also know from the old site that you're a decent chap and I do want to see you in the chat room with us. It will have the added benefit of helping us work out what the problem is, so we can mitigate it completely for those who want to join us in the future.
HenrySwale

Post by HenrySwale »

Thank you very much Keith, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Henry
HenrySwale

Post by HenrySwale »

Thanks Kieth, no progress as yet, but thanks for your continued efforts. Kind regards, Henry
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

HenrySwale wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:16 pm Thanks Kieth, no progress as yet, but thanks for your continued efforts. Kind regards, Henry
Saw you in the chat today Henry, so fortunately now I expect your login to be recognised. This means you should be able to login using those same details every time. Let me know if you have any further problems though.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Sometimes I can’t log on at all despite several attempts and inputting my password slowly and deliberately. Amusingly once when I did a back arrow from that I got a message saying that I’d been banned 😂😂
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

New anonymous users have been banned from chat Cally_, so the site was probably looking for your forum login and couldn't find it because you either weren't logged in to the forum at the time, or the site wasn't reporting you as being logged in.

If you log in to the forum and then log straight in to chat you should be okay. If you spend a bit of time on the forum first and then try to log into chat, the forum may have timed out before you try to log in and that's when you get the behaivour you are describing.

So if you can't log in to chat but are being reported by the forum as logged in, then close the chat page, log out of the forum, log back into the forum, open chat again and wahey! I know it seems like a big old fuss, but we're trying to find the best overall working solution for the long term. That means the short term is going to have some annoying quirks until we work it all out.