Here to help.

Announcements, requests, complaints and compliments go here. This your community.
Cally_

Re: Here to help.

Post by Cally_ »

Is “probably inevitable” an oxymoron?
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

Possibly definitely old boy. I've sent you a PM on the forum.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Keith wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:38 pm Possibly definitely old boy. I've sent you a PM on the forum.
It doesn’t seem to be my day on here. Is the message showing as a sent item at your end because I’ve looked at private messages/inbox and there’s nothing?
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

Cally_ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:26 pm
Keith wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:38 pm Possibly definitely old boy. I've sent you a PM on the forum.
It doesn’t seem to be my day on here. Is the message showing as a sent item at your end because I’ve looked at private messages/inbox and there’s nothing?
There's nothing in my outbox, or in my sent folder either. I may have been logged out of the forum while I was sending the PM, or I may have sent it from a secondary page tab by mistake.

Either way it clearly was a me problem. I'll send you the PM again soon.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Keith wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:31 pm
Cally_ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:26 pm
There's nothing in my outbox, or in my sent folder either. I may have been logged out of the forum while I was sending the PM, or I may have sent it from a secondary page tab by mistake.

Either way it clearly was a me problem. I'll send you the PM again soon.
It's okay, please don't worry, you'll have enough to do on this fledgeling site. I probably won't use chat in any case and only logged in there out of curiosity. I like the site generally and it's a great effort and good to see so many familiar names from way back. Posting on the various threads will keep me more than happy.
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

Cally_ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:38 pm There's nothing in my outbox, or in my sent folder either. I may have been logged out of the forum while I was sending the PM, or I may have sent it from a secondary page tab by mistake.
Oh I always worry old boy, it's one of my favourite things to do. According to my outbox, I've messaged you properly this time. Can you have a look when you are next in please?
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Keith wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:00 pm
Cally_ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:38 pm There's nothing in my outbox, or in my sent folder either. I may have been logged out of the forum while I was sending the PM, or I may have sent it from a secondary page tab by mistake.
Oh I always worry old boy, it's one of my favourite things to do. According to my outbox, I've messaged you properly this time. Can you have a look when you are next in please?
Yes, it’s there now thanks. I’m out at the moment but I’ll reply later.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Just spotted that as well as adding a friend, we can add a foe. Never seen that before. What is a foe in the context of this site? I'm wondering if that’s someone we’ve blocked but I might be miles off and not for the first time.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Keith wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:00 pm
I am far from used to the controls of this site. I composed a reply to you. It is now in my outbox rather than appearing in my sent items. Have you received it? Failing that I can’t see how to send it from outbox 🤷‍♂️
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

Cally_ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:13 pmI am far from used to the controls of this site. I composed a reply to you. It is now in my outbox rather than appearing in my sent items. Have you received it? Failing that I can’t see how to send it from outbox 🤷‍♂️
I have it Cally_, it stays in your outbox until the user it is intended for picks it up in their inbox. I have been sifting through the code on the board tonight chasing the code dragon so haven't technically been on the forum to pick it up. It will be in your sent box now.

Thank you for the message. If you go into chat you'll find it really quite enjoyable, and if Dai or I are around we can talk you through the buttons to press to change things. If not, you know if you just close the chat tab, or browser window, you'll be logged out by the system?

It's a backup for clearing out a user when you are inactive for too long. It has the same effect as logging out manually.