Remembering Those We Have Lost

Announcements, requests, complaints and compliments go here. This your community.
HHUK

Re: Remembering Those We Have Lost

Post by HHUK »

The much loved elmo or little_mischievous_one (formerly bad_bad_girl) very sadly passed away in June 2020.
I also understand that BFU, who some may remember from the earlier days of the old site, died in February or March of last year.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

five_foot_two wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 am Master Pan died suddenly yet peacefully at home last year.

He came here to Ireland in July 2013, we married and lived happily ever after.

What a marvellous adventure we had!

Remembered and loved by his fairy forever.

tinks xxxx
That's beautifully wriiten, tinks. So sad about this and what a good guy he was.
Birchington

Post by Birchington »

Some lovely people have been mentioned.

When I first joined the BS site, Little Miscievous One really was the star performer and mainstay of the site - particularly in the Chat Room where she was so welcoming to newcomers whilst remaining calm and resolute in the face of any provocation.

However, we should also remember Sloaney who sadly also died prematurely two or three years ago. He was never very prolific on the site, but he did come to events.

On the walks that we did in London, he never felt able to do the full walk, but would often cause amusement by suddenly appearing unannounced from a pub along the way.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Jim Essex, I believe a regular at the Romford event, although I only managed to get to one, and definitely the Ouch parties and sometimes attended munches.He was even willing to travel to the Grand Duchy of Southend on Sea. Cheeky fella.
maz

Post by maz »

I thank you Swish123 I am still lost without him but I know he will be remembered in a heartwarming way.
Silver gent 4th March 1962 to 24th February 2021. He lived as a true gentleman and died painlessly and unexpectedly. His last words were I love you. I feel for those who are just learning of his passing because I know he was well loved. Bless you all.
SpankyJo

Post by SpankyJo »

five_foot_two wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:59 am Master Pan died suddenly yet peacefully at home last year.

He came here to Ireland in July 2013, we married and lived happily ever after.

What a marvellous adventure we had!

Remembered and loved by his fairy forever.

tinks xxxx
So sorry to hear about your loss tinks. He was a wonderful man and loved by everyone.
SpankyJo

Post by SpankyJo »

Spartonponyboy died in January 2022 in a terrible trajedy - a police car hit his car as it was rushing to an urgent call and killed him. He was great fun and came to the Ouch parties and also to Whitby. I still cannot believe he is gone. I think about him often. He was a wonderful friend and loved by so many people.
poppy

Post by poppy »

maz wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:14 pm I thank you Swish123 I am still lost without him but I know he will be remembered in a heartwarming way.
Silver gent 4th March 1962 to 24th February 2021. He lived as a true gentleman and died painlessly and unexpectedly. His last words were I love you. I feel for those who are just learning of his passing because I know he was well loved. Bless you all.
A lovely kind man - so glad I had the pleasure to get to know him
pops :0*
poppy

Post by poppy »

HHUK wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:10 pm The much loved elmo or little_mischievous_one (formerly bad_bad_girl) very sadly passed away in June 2020.
I also understand that BFU, who some may remember from the earlier days of the old site, died in February or March of last year.
That’s so sad, I didn’t know that she had passed :(
pops :0*
Birchington

Post by Birchington »

Another person who we certainly shouldn't forget is Curvy Cleo. She joined BS and came down to several Ouch parties from her home in the East Midlands.

The way that she remained cheerful and still enjoyed events with great fortitude even when she knew that she was very seriously ill, is an inspiration for us all.