Trouble getting into chat?

Announcements, requests, complaints and compliments go here. This your community.
Daihard
Site Admin

Trouble getting into chat?

Post by Daihard »

If you're having trouble getting into chat please let me know. There aren't enough of us to cause a server issue. I'll work on it
Daihard
Site Admin

Re: Trouble getting into chat?

Post by Daihard »

Guys (and guyesses) if you're having trouble logging into chat with your password you can log in as a guest. Consider a slightly different version of your name so we recognise you. It's a workaround while we work out the problem.
samantha_redbuns

Post by samantha_redbuns »

I am having problems getting into chat, both under the sign in combination and as a guest. It keeps coming up as user name and password don't match.
I have tried clearing the cookies numerous times, but that doesn't work. What else can I try?
Daihard
Site Admin

Post by Daihard »

When I got locked out last night I changed my username slightly and came in as a guest. Maybe try it as one word. Once it recognises your IP address it SHOULD let you in later as a member.
samantha_redbuns

Post by samantha_redbuns »

I tried that, I even tried trying a new nic, I shortened the name but it was changed back..........
Daihard
Site Admin

Post by Daihard »

Try incognito mode. Not ideal. But it should get you in until I get home and can get some tech support
missnortycurves

Post by missnortycurves »

Ahhh - I'm glad it wasn't just me having trouble!! I thought it was cos I used to be naughty in it years ago and I wasn't being allowed into this one now!! he he (I'll try as a guest later...)
mnc = curvy and naughty - always! :P
Keith
Site Admin

Post by Keith »

samantha_redbuns wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:39 pm I am having problems getting into chat, both under the sign in combination and as a guest. It keeps coming up as user name and password don't match.
I have tried clearing the cookies numerous times, but that doesn't work. What else can I try?
I had a similar problem but in my case I put it down to me using an ancient version of MacOS. What I did was this...

Instead of logging in using the provided login details (which chat absolutely wouldn't let me do), I clicked on 'register' to make a new user profile (using the exact same user details I log into the forum with). The chatroom then allowed me to register under this name and then complained that I'd used too many login attempts and needed to wait an hour before logging in to chat.

An hour passed and I could then just log in as expected.

This was my experience mind, but I only knew to try because I've seen something similar before. Good luck and please let the rest of us know if you are still having problems.
Daihard
Site Admin

Post by Daihard »

I think this version of chat doesn't handle older browsers too well. It works with Chrome, Firefox and Edge,, but not internet Explorer
samanth_redbuns

Post by samanth_redbuns »

I have now found a way in, thanks to fivefoottwo.
Click on the chat room tab. Click on the register button. Fill in the thing that pops up. click on the register button on the bottom and hopefully you'll be able to get in.